Forest Carbon Project Activity and Standards Competencies
See our Selected Project & Policy Committee Work page for more.
Project Consulting Competency
CarbonVerde has experience providing comprehensive consulting in all project development activities, including:
- Eligibility Assessments
- Market Feasibility Studies
- Carbon Market Prospectus Development
- Project Design Documents
- Establishing Carbon Baselines
- Carbon Stock Reduction and Removal Quantification
- Building Carbon Accounting Systems
- Permanence and Leakage Assessment
- Reversal Risk and Reserve/Buffer Assessment
- Validation and Verification Preparation
- GHG Emission Registration
- Sourcing of Investment Capital
Forest Project and Strategic GHG Standards Competency
CarbonVerde has experience working on all standards listed below; providing strategic advise on the application of current voluntary and emerging compliance market standards to specific project types in the United States and Internationally.
- California’s Air Resources Board (ARB) Compliance Offsets Protocol U.S. Forest Projects
- Verified Carbon Standard (VCS) Program and forest carbon/REDD methodologies
- Climate Action Reserve (CAR) Forest Project Protocol
- American Carbon Registry (ACR), Forest Carbon Project Standard, and forest carbon/REDD methodologies
- Climate, Community, and Biodiversity Alliance (CCB), Second Edition, November 2008
- Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) forest management standards
- Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) Program standards
- American Forest Foundation (AFF) Standards for Sustainability.
- ISO 14065: Greenhouse gases – Requirements for greenhouse gas validation and verification for use in accreditation or other forms of recognition.
- ISO 14064 Part 2: Specification with guidance at the project level for quantification, monitoring and reporting of greenhouse gas emission reductions or removal enhancements.
- ISO 14064 Part 3: Specification with guidance for the validation and verification of greenhouse gas assertions.
- ISO 14001: Environmental management systems – Requirements with guidance for use.
- ISO 19011: Guidelines for quality and/or environmental management systems auditing.